It’s official. A registered business name. I feel so grown up.
I’ve been freelancing for a year and a half now under my own name and will continue to do so. But I wanted to start reaching out and sharing what I know – the fabulously wonderful world of content, the trials and tribulations of freelancing, and everything in between.
Of course, my clients don’t really need to know all this stuff – they already get it and have hired me for a reason. But there is this whole world of budding copywriters, content designers and content strategists, and marketers too, who are finding their way. And if I can help them along, then why not?
Way back when, I studied English at uni. A few people told me that destined me for a career in teaching. Everyone from later generations should be very grateful that wasn’t the case. I don’t have the patience for teaching. But I’ve learnt I do have the patience for mentoring, for helping someone ambitious about their career, hungry for knowledge and insights.
I’ve been doing the mentoring thing for a few years now, one-on-one. One of my clients even hires me in part to do just that for their team. And I love watching people grow from meh to KAPOW as they start to understand what they can really do with a career in content.
And so Coffee. Content. Repeat. was born.
From Facebook to Instagram, LinkedIn to my own blog, Coffee. Content. Repeat. is all things I love. We’re at the start of my efforts to build a platform that helps people grow and learn, connect and share.
My dad said “Shouldn’t it be called Content Strategy Agency or something? How do people know what you do?” And maybe he’s right. But it’s called Coffee. Content. Repeat. because that’s what life in content is like (unless you’re one of those weird people who don’t drink coffee, that is).
The creation of content never ends.
Once upon a time, there was a book. That book was sent to publishers, and it was done. Finito. Finished. Over.
These days, nothing is written in stone. We write, we test, we refine, we publish, we measure, we iterate, we revisit, we continue. And to do all that, we need coffee. Or I do, anyway.
From here to infinity coffee beans.
Right now, I’m just starting out and what will be, will be. But here’s what I know for sure:
- There’ll be blog posts. Once a week. Sometimes with downloadable templates or guides if I think they may help.
- There’ll be social posts. Short updates that share insights and tips. Some days they’ll be industry insights. Other days, they may be my lunch. It’s everything content and marketing and freelancer life.
- There’ll be newsletters. Once a month. To your inbox. If you sign up. If you don’t see the form, sorry about that. We’re experiencing technical issues but it’ll be somewhere here soon so come on back!
And here’s where we might go:
- Community? Maybe? That could be fun. Right now, I see a separation between communities for freelancers and communities for those in-house and never the two shall meet. Why? Don’t ask me! But here’s what I know: Both career paths are valid. People often jump back and forth between them. Everyone needs a community. You only stop learning and growing when you’re dead.
- Courses? Quite possibly. It’s in the plan but it’s a bit down the track. I want to grow my audience, know my audience and make sure I build something for you, not me. I’m not a big fan of wasting my own time. (Time is money, unless you’re watching Netflix.)
And of course I’m not doing this alone.
Honestly, some days I’m drowning in client work so I need a slapping to get something written. That’s why I have help from Abby. She keeps me and Coffee. Content. Repeat. on track. And Em helps out with the fabulous visuals and brand style you see too. You can learn about them both if you’re interested in who I work with.
Have requests? Questions? Curiosities? General ponderings?
I’d love to hear them. Comment below or send me a message.